Pages

April 16, 2011

MORE JACKIE ROBINSON ART BY DICK PEREZ




Yesterday, to honor Jackie Robinson, every Major League Baseball player, manager, coach and umpire wore No. 42 on his uniform. Jackie broke into the major leagues on April 15, 1947.

Our blog post was my favorite piece of Jackie Robinson art by my favorite baseball artist, the incomparable Dick Perez. Two more Robinsons by Perez, from his "The Immortals" book are posted here.

Dick is an old friend from the baseball card collecting hobby. His late partner in the Perez-Steele Galleries, Frank Steele, was very special to the Barnings. Vivian and I own one of Dick's original paintings, of her favorite player, Roy Campanella from the Great Moments issue. I let him know that I had posted his Jackie painting and he replied:
______________________________________

Hope you are well. The image looks nice on your blog. I enjoyed reading some of the memories you share on it. That painting has always been one of my favorites. I included it in my new book. There are other examples on the site for the book,
http://www.dickperezimmortals.com/

My regards to Vivian.

_________________________________

Dick Perez' mailing address is:
P.O. Box 503
Wayne, PA 19087